How Email Marketing Can Help Grow Your Local Business
Email Marketing is considered as one of the most affordable and effective ways in order to keep and find new customers. E-mail marketing uses the process of sending emails in order to gain new customers and convince the existing customer to make extra or additional purchases. This can also be used in order to improve the relationship of business with its prospects and customers and encourage repeat business and customer loyalty. By building a massive mailing list, a business can possibly create a very valuable asset.
The Advantages of Email Marketing
- E-mail allows you to send information to the wide range of potential and existing customers at much lower cost as compared to printed newsletters or direct mail.
- E-mail marketing will allow you to exactly track your ROI (Return on Investment) and is often considered as the second most effective online marketing strategy to search engine marketing.
- The email message delivery time is short, which would only take minutes or seconds as compared to mailed advertisements that take one or few more days.
- Once you already have a large list of potential and existing customers, you can hire a 3rd party email marketing companies that will send the mail offers to the people included in your list. This process is a great way to help grow your online local business.
Building Your E-mail List
Try to include a sign-up email box on your website. Giving away free incentives such as a free report or a how-to white course should be provided in order to make the people subscribe to your list. You can also gather your potential and existing customer’s email addresses through the drop-off card page after keying their email address. You can try sending them a follow-up e-mail that offers discounts in order to complete the sale. Once they have submitted their email addresses they will become your opt-in subscribers. In email marketing, you don’t just send e-mails in an attempt to sell your products or services but rather provide them helpful information, tidbits of interesting news and advice, and free reports. In this way, you’re able to build a strong relationship with them that would make them purchase the things you recommend to them, not just something that is present in your business.
The Key Points to Remember About E-mail Marketing
E-mail marketing strategy can without a doubt help you grow your business, but there are several things that you need to keep in mind in order to prevent troubles in your future email marketing strategies which include the following:
- Sending of unsolicited e-mails is prohibited by law and involves various penalties for the violators. It’s governed by federal Can Span Law.
- Because of the huge amount of spam e-mail, it’s getting much harder to be recognized as a legitimate commercial email to be delivered to your customers’ inbox. Through the help of service firms and specialty software, emails will not be blocked and recognized as spam.
Even though it would take lots of time and effort in order to grow your business, through the help of e-mail marketing and having a huge mailing list you will have the most power online tool in the marketing arsenal.